COVID-19 safety advisory note (dated 31st July ‘20)
· No registrations will be taken on the day
· There will be no mass start for each of the distances, and the number of participants will be limited to enable us to ensure good social distancing
· You will be given a specific time window to arrive at Lamport and then we ask you to set off on your ride straight away
· If you do intend to ride as part of a group please can you inform us in advance so we can adjust your time slots - this must be confirmed 2 weeks prior to the event date
· Please can we ask that these groups are of a maximum of 6 riders, in accordance with British Cycling guidelines
· No pit stops will be out on course, please bring everything you need with you
· Refreshments will be provided at the start for you to take with you
We are constantly reevaluating the current situation, and we hope that you will understand why we have had to make these changes to the event.
Please note that, while we are planning for the ride to go ahead as scheduled at Lamport Hall on Sunday 20th September, changes to social distancing rules nearer that date may mean that a centralised event, with a mass gathering of cyclists, may not be allowed.
In that instance, the ride mass start will not go ahead at Lamport and any entry fees paid from this date (24th June ‘20) will not be returned, rather, considered as a generous donation to the vital work of Cynthia Spencer Hospice. Entrants would still be encouraged to pedal that day in a ‘virtual’ Cycle4Cynthia, will be sent their respective ride gpx codes and will be able to collect their riders’ medal after the event. More details to follow in your rider registration pack. Alternatively a route closer to home can be ridden.
With the health and safety of participants paramount, please also be aware that, in the happy event that the ride can proceed at Lamport, the usual pitstops will
likely not be provided en route, so riders would be encouraged to carry their own refreshments, including liquids and snacks. However, bottled water will be available.
To keep up to date with the latest developments on the event’s plans, based on government guidelines, please follow and ‘like’ the ride’s and Hospice’s page on Facebook.
After closing date (7th September)
- Adult - £25
- Child - £10
- Family - £50