Terms and Conditions
1. All participants must complete and return a registration form or enter online.
2. Entry fee is non-refundable and goes towards the organisation and cost of the event along with contributing to the charitable objectives of Cynthia Spencer Hospice.
3. This is only a virtual event, there will be no facilities or car parking at Lamport Hall.
4. You accept that the event you have entered is not a race in any format.
5. You are fully responsible for your actions whilst taking part in the Virtual Cycle4Cynthia event. The organisers will not accept responsibility for your actions nor their consequences.
6. Cycle helmets must be worn while taking part in this event, for your safety.
7. You confirm that the cycle/bike you are riding for the virtual event and all your equipment is of a suitable standard and roadworthy, with the ability to complete the distance you have entered.
8. There will be no parking or any facilities available at Lamport Hall on 20th September.
9. There will be no first aid or marshals on course during the virtual event
10. Upon registration to the event, you agree that you are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance that you have chosen. If during the event you decide to change the route or distance, you do so at your own risk.
11. Only 25-mile and 50-mile routes are ‘signed’ with the appropriate coloured road-painted arrow for the route, should you choose to complete our route during the month of September 2020.
12. There will not be a 5-mile route marked from Lamport due to safety concerns. Please complete 5-mile route on an appropriately safe route in your own neighbourhood.
13. Information will be sent out in your riders pack which will also include your Cycle4Cynthia medal.
14. If taking part as a group when completing your Virtual Cycle4Cynthia, you are requested to ride single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of other cyclists, other road users, and other traffic and always indicate your intention to stop or change direction.
15. On finishing your virtual ride, we as organisers ask that you avoid large groups gathering.
16. You must adhere to and obey the Highway Code and local bylaws of England.
17. You must not drop or leave any litter on any part of the route but dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin.
18. You are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the event routes pass through. If you stop for a comfort break you are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to residents and others.
19. If you are involved in an accident and the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, you agree that a member of the public may call on your behalf.
20. You accept full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from any incident/accident occurring during your ride.
21. Participation in the ride is at your own risk. Cynthia Spencer Hospice cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss or damage.
22. Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
23. We reserve the right to cancel/change the event due to extreme weather conditions, dangers on course, pandemic, social distancing measures.
24. In the event of the event being cancelled entry fees cannot be refunded but all sponsorship will be returned, upon written request from the donor.
25. By entering this event you are agreeing that any official photographs being taken can and may be used in promotion of future events.
27. Disclaimer: Participating in this event is a hazardous activity. Each participant acknowledges that there is an inherent risk of physical injury that cannot be eliminated completely, including but not limited to an above-average risk of death and/or serious injury. Knowing this, each participant voluntarily assumes all of the risks of participating in the event, including the use of fancy dress and take full responsibility for any and all damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses incurred as a result of their participation.
Cynthia Spencer Hospice Registered Charity No. 1174402